The Centra Homes Blog
Now Hiring: Land Acquisition Manager
March 27th, 2023
Are you a self-starter who can communicate effectively with others? Are you accountable and thick-skinned? Are you an extrovert who can build relationships and persuade others? If you possess these traits, we want to talk to you!
Our ideal Land Acquisition Manager is someone who possesses the following traits:
A Relationship Builder: Our Land Acquisition Manager will be responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with property owners, real estate agents, and other stakeholders. This person should be comfortable building and maintaining strong relationships
Knowledgeable in the Land Acquisition Industry: Our ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the land acquisition process and the real estate industry. They should be able to navigate complex situations and make informed decisions.
Time Management Skills: The Land Acquisition Manager will be responsible for managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. The ability to prioritize and manage their time effectively is crucial.
Strategic Thinker: The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who can develop and execute plans to acquire land for Centra Homes. They should be able to anticipate roadblocks and proactively develop solutions.
Our ideal Land Acquisition Manager is someone who is passionate about finding the perfect land for our family-oriented homes. They are excited to help grow Centra Homes and impact the community by creating comfortable and affordable housing options for families. In this role, they will be responsible for identifying potential land acquisitions and negotiating with property owners. The Land Acquisition Manager will be a key player in the continued success of Centra Homes.
The job responsibilities of the Land Acquisition Manager are, but not limited to:
● Build and maintain relationships with current and potential brokers, land sellers, and developers
● Identify and research potential land acquisitions, including finished lots, raw land, and development opportunities
● Negotiate purchase of land and work with attorneys on drafting purchase agreements and letters of intent
● Conduct due diligence to learn and understand the details of government approvals and the development process
● Work with engineers on the concept plan to begin the design of streets, utilities, and watershed districts
● Seek government approvals for new developments and work with city staff to create neighborhood plans
Marketing and Networking Responsibilities:
● Network with other builders and developers to maintain market awareness
● Understand land values and market conditions
● Maintain inventory reports, contract files, maps, contract status reports, and periodical marketing analysis
Collaboration and Communication Responsibilities:
● Attend weekly land meetings
● Communicate with sellers that are under contract
*This is an in person, full-time position. Must live within a 30-minute drive radius of Centra Homes and is able to work out of our offices located in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. Will consider out of state if candidate has a connection to the Mid-West*
- Education or experience in real estate and land acquisition (residential/commercial).
- Understanding of state and local real estate laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Business development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in real estate and land acquisition in a for-profit or non-profit (government entity, city/county) company.
- Experience using Google Suite.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience using Zonda (real estate software).
Salary: $115,000 – $130,000
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, generous time off policy, profit sharing
THE COMPANY – CENTRA HOMES
Centra Homes is one of the largest residential property developers in Minnesota. We’ve built dozens of communities throughout the North Metro, giving thousands of people a beautiful place to call home. We are focused on creating thriving communities in prime locations. Enjoy a place to work and play in the house you’ve always wanted.
WHY CENTRA HOMES?
● We promote a family first mentality
● We listen to our employees and care about what they are saying
● We foster a collaborative environment
● We are a locally owned company where the Visionary is involved everyday
● We promote education and self-development
● Transparent access to the leadership of the company
● We build communities for families to grow
● We live and breathe our Core Values:
○ Accountable: We honor our commitments and are responsible for our actions and decisions. We pay attention to the details seeking to provide accuracy and quality in all we do.
“It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are
○ Compassion: We withhold judgment and appreciate the perspective or situations of others. We care for those around us and are motivated to relieve the suffering of others.
“We experience hard things so we too may have increased compassion and
understanding of others.” Joseph B Wirthlin
○ Do Right: We say hard things when needed and make decisions based on the greater good. We exude great character and Integrity in all that we do. We do
what we commit to and on-time.
“Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, Right is right even if no one is doing
it” St. Augustine
○ Growth: Invests in work and self. More uncomfortable with the status quo than the prospect of change. Explores and works at the top of their skill set. Not afraid to ask for help.
“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you
will never grow.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
○ Humility: We value openness and learning from anyone at any time. We seek and give honest feedback, learning from our mistakes and successes. We never underestimate our competition.
“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” C.S.
If you are looking for the chance to serve a small business and their CEO in a huge way, then apply today!
Posted in Career Opportunities